1/1/11

What the Lord Told Me About the Debt Ceiling

As suggested by fellow Tea Party Evangelicals, I prayed to the Lord for insights on the debt-ceiling issue, and this is what the Lord said to me:

“Being the God Almighty, Creator and Ruler of the Universe, I am above worldly politics. But since you ask, I will give you, just this once, this bit of practical advice: Tell your fellow Tea Partiers that unless they stand as one with Senator John Boehner and strike a compromise deal with Democrats across the aisle, they will not only get that heathen Barack Obama re-elected in 2012 ( he’s a closeted Muslim, you know), but also cause Republicans to lose their majority in the House, many seats in the Senate, Governorships, state legislatures, county commissions and city councils across the land. The American people have grown sick of your mindless cut-cut-cut agenda for its own sake and hypocritical spiritual values. Steady, well-paying jobs, real world stuff, the nitty-gritty, that’s all they want to hear from their elected officials. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more important business to attend to in another corner of the Universe.”
“Thank you, Lord,” I said humbly. “I will do as you advise.”

No comments:

 
#bookmarks-footer{ display: none; }